ISO 45001 is the benchmark international WHS management system standard that our Belgravia system can now say we meet. Our WHS systems are now internationally recognised as being world-class.
Group WHS Manager Trent O’Hara says, “this demonstrates Belgravia Leisure’s commitment to ensuring decent work conditions, health, wellbeing and equality practices. It is a great achievement and something we should all be proud of.”
What does ISO stand for?
ISO (International Organisation for Standardization) is an independent, non-governmental, international organisation that develops standards to ensure the quality, safety, and efficiency of products, services, and systems.
Who audits the ISO 45001?
Belgravia Health and Leisure Group has engaged SAI Global Assurance to audit for compliance against ISO 45001 Standard.
Refer to the SAI Global Assurance welcome pack for further information.
Why is ISO important to Belgravia?
Gaining and maintaining the ISO 45001 accreditation is meaningful and important to Belgravia for the following reasons:
- Safety – Improving safety for our staff and visitors at all facilities across Australia and New Zealand, as well as raising our standard.
- Business Development – Very important in the competitive tendering space, helping win contracts and franchises.
- Insurances & Premiums – Accreditation to the ISO standard will assist with gaining insurance and keeping our premiums down. Insurers will look for the accreditation/standards in organisations. Accreditation will ultimately become mandatory for organisations in the Sport/Leisure/Aquatic/Recreation industries.
What to do to prepare for ISO implementation and auditing at your venue
- Complete the ISO section in Belgravia’s Internal WHS Audit, in April and October each year and rectify any gaps.
- Go through and become familiar with the resources and information available on the ISO SharePoint page.