Thank you to those of you who joined our second Belgravia Live Stream from one of our beautiful NSW sites, the Andrew (Boy) Charlton Pool. Belgravia Leisure’s CEO Nick Cox was joined by centre manager Andrew Widdicombe and our digital communications producer, Brooke Lindsay.
Q&A From the CEO Live Stream
- Mark Maybury: Check out the resources here: http://b-connected.com.au/Programs/Aquatics/ALiST%20Launch%20Resources/Forms/AllItems.aspx
- Mark Maybury: Check Out Nick’s Aquatic Safety Message after the live chat: https://youtu.be/OYJiGD3kdAA
- Anonymous: Hi Andrew, I heard you are an accountant? how are these skills helping you in your current role…
- Heidi: Will Belgravia be offering reciprocal memberships/visits at other sites for our members who travel?
- Mosese: After caravan parks, what is Belgravia’s next business venture?
- Anonymous: Nick, do you want to update the organisation on the progress of the systems improvement journey.
- Anonymous: Does ABC have any athletes train there? If so who?
- Anonymous: What opportunities are out there for staff to work across multiple sites like a reciprocal
- Anonymous: One of our key strategic priorities is People. Do you believe Belgravia Leisure is on the right track with our staff engagement, support and retention?
- Mark Maybury: Check out all current roles across the group: https://belgravia.expr3ss.com/home
- Scott McDonald: Great job here for anyone who is interested: https://belgravia.expr3ss.com/jobDetails?selectJob=1114&s=6
Thank you for all of your questions! Due to our more succinct time frame, we were unable to answer all questions asked, so we’ve taken the time to answer those questions below.
- Anonymous: What is the rationale behind F2F finishing up?
While the Face to Face system has been robust and served us and our members well, we believe in the future we need to give members a more personalised experience from their first initial interactions at our centres.
In an industry where new members are arriving at our facilities more educated in Health and Wellbeing than they have ever been before, we need to create personally crafted experiences that will drive consumer engagement and loyalty.
Our replacement onboarding system will give us the opportunity to provide support to those members who need it, via a three appointment Personal Onboarding journey, while members who don’t require this initial support will be managed in other ways. Our new system will be further enhanced when it becomes fully digital, creating an onboarding journey that will be seamless and bespoke to every individual member.
- Anonymous: Nick its great to hear that we are looking into the attraction side of things, how does a centre manager who is on-site day in day out, knows their community and the needs, how do we go about having input into adding attractions to our site, as currently its only up to state and area manager.
One of the most exciting aspects of our structure is that we have thousands of staff across Australia and New Zealand who have their ears to the ground and are deeply connected to their local communities.
If you have an idea, we encourage you to discuss it with your facility manager and to do your research to understand if there’s a market, value or opportunity in your idea. If you think there’s an opportunity, share it up the line, and we will consider it together.
Listen to the podcast replay: https://anchor.fm/belgravia-leisure/episodes/Ep–2-Belgravia-Live-from-Andrew-Boy-Charlton-Pool-e7raup