At Belgravia Leisure, we believe that our people are our most valued asset. Their health and safety is our top priority and that’s why we are shining a spotlight on National Safe Work Month in October.
National Safe Work Month is a time for us to commit to building a safe and healthy workplace. This year, the theme for Safe Work Month is think safe. work safe. be safe. to raise awareness of the importance of work health and safety at our workplace.
National Safe Work Month gives us an opportunity to think about how we promote WHS at Belgravia Leisure and what we can do to ensure all of us are safe and healthy at work.
One important way that we can ensure we are staying on top of our safety obligation is by completing a WHS Audit in our Safety Months of April and October each year.
Belgravia Leisure Group WHS Manager Trent O’Hara urges all venues to immediately start the process for their WHS audits. “Sites can still audit during lockdown (if possible) as safety work is a lockdown exemption. All year-round sites and seasonal pools that audit earlier than October (as they transitioned in), will not have to complete another WHS Audit in October,” he explained.
How to complete a WHS Audit
Step 1: Visit the WHS Sharepoint Page here
Step 2: View the WHS Auditing App Demo Video here for instructions on how to complete the audit using the Internal Auditing App:
Step 3: Access the Internal Auditing App here and fill in the required information.
Start a conversation about Safety Month
Visit the October Safety Month page on Sharepoint to find all the resources required to make Workplace Health and Safety the most important conversation you can have in the month of October.
- Use the Safety Month editable poster to lock in a time for your team to discuss the importance of workplace health and safety. Use the event checklist to guide you on what your team should be discussing.
- Share the Safety Month social tiles on social media channels
- Use the Safety Month video call background in Microsoft Teams to really shine a spotlight on safety in October
- Add the Safety Month email signature banner to your emails
- Where venues are open, put up the Safety Month posters to remind our teams to make health and safety a part of the workplace