Wellness is a booming industry because it affects positive change in so many lives. Although the term ‘wellness’ is relatively new, its origin goes back through the centuries when ancient Romans and Greeks bathed in public houses designed to rejuvenate the mind and soul. It’s very much the status quo in 2019, in bathhouses and retreats under our management in Australia and New Zealand.
What is Global Wellness Day (GWD)?
With the slogan “One day can change your whole life”, GWD is celebrated on the second Saturday of June in more than 100 countries. It’s entirely a not-for-profit, social project dedicated to living well. The purpose of Global Wellness Day is to ask the question, even if for just one day, “How can I live a healthier and better life?”, with the aim to direct the thoughts of both individuals and society towards “living well” and raise awareness.
The main aims of the day are:
• To recognize the value of our lives
• To pause and think, even if for just one day of the year
• To be free from the stress of everyday city life and bad habits
• To make peace with ourselves
• To recognize the value of social connection
• To raise awareness about living well and increase motivation, not just for today, but for the remaining 364 days of the year
What is my role as an Ambassador on GWD?
The Ambassador Day role connects with hundreds of other Ambassadors from countries around the world, leading the thought process around community wellness, children’s wellness and overall wellness initiatives which are the focus each year by the Global Wellness team.
Sharing the message and purpose whilst encouraging participation and awareness of Global Wellness Day in Australia has been part of the role over the past four years.
Learn more at www.globalwellnessday.org