Recently several incidents have occurred within Belgravia Leisure venues that have not been reported correctly.
This has resulted in the venue not receiving immediate support following a major event, a delay in notification to WorkSafe and exposure to potential reputational damage.
Whilst recognising that care for any injured or impacted people takes priority in circumstances of any incident, it is a requirement that all incidents are reported immediately after the event using the Belgravia Leisure online incident reporting system.
Belgravia Leisure’s Incident Reporting Process
Belgravia Leisure’s incident reporting process is standardized and paper free.
- The Incident Reporting and Management Procedure can be located HERE (or downloaded to the left).
The following initial process must be followed to ensure the essential stakeholders are aware of an incident and subsequent investigations are suitable.
Follow this process when an incident occurs:
- Check for hazards – we don’t want more than one injured person.
- If safe, provide first aid to the injured person.
- Control any hazards to prevent additional injury.
- Inform the site manager or your line manager and ensure that the incident is logged online. This can be done through B-Connected accessible through the intranet and now Teams.
- The Venue Manager will escalate the incident as appropriate. This includes notifying senior leaders, and council partners and interacting with the safety team for all major and some moderate-severity incidents.
- The safety team will make any required notifications to WorkSafe.
Following this initial process, the incident investigation process occurs in a coordinated and supported way.
There is never a penalty for reporting an incident. Failing to report, however, can result in concern. Report what you know as soon as possible. Updates and adjustments can be made as factors are uncovered.
Managing the Media
In the coming months more information and, for some roles, training for responding to media inquiries will be scheduled.
While you may have the best of intentions, significant inaccuracies and reputational damage can result from ineffective media interactions.
- Find the current Belgravia Leisure Media Handbook HERE (or download it on the left).
If you wish to discuss this further, please speak with your line manager who can escalate it to a member of the Safety Team and remember to Think Safe, Act Safe, Be Safe.