Isabel has been a Belgravia Leisure team member since July of 2019 when Belgravia Leisure started managing Aquarena Aquatic and Leisure Centre.
“I have worked as a cafe attendant since 2016 whilst completing my university studies in Food Science & Nutrition and Marketing. During the mid-2020 COVID-19 lockdown period I did some voluntary marketing work for Aquarena, and later gained further experience supporting the central marketing team with campaign rollouts and support tasks. This progressed into a position as Marketing Coordinator from May 2021.”
What are some of your highlights/magic moments working with Belgravia Leisure?
- Watching our campaigns being launched at Belgravia Leisure venues with great success and engagement from local teams.
- Being involved in exciting national campaigns and working on projects for different Belgravia Leisure brands.
- Attending the reopening of Mill Park Leisure and witnessing the communities enthusiasm to continue or begin their fitness journeys at their newly redeveloped facility.
- Being part of the fast-paced transition process for Thomastown Recreation & Aquatic Centre (TRAC).
- Looking back on the many achievements of the Aquarena team and the venue’s great contribution to the community.
How have you, your team and your venue been impacted by COVID-19 and what have you learnt?
“Our teams have witnessed the importance of responsiveness and engagement with the community through our communication channels. We have stretched our thinking as we try to consider the best ways to support the community during lockdown periods and I have experienced the challenges of working from home but also learned more about what routines work best for me.”
What is your favourite thing about your career?
“I love the great variety of projects, campaigns and areas of work I’m involved in, and the continuous support and teamwork behind it all. Each day there is something new and interesting to work on or learn and so many things to be passionate about and look forward to.”
Where do you see yourself in the next 3-5 years?
“Professionally, I hope to have further broadened my marketing experience and technical skills and taken on greater responsibilities within the Belgravia Leisure marketing team. Personally, I see myself on regular weekend trips with my partner visiting our favourite spots in Victoria and hopefully exploring interstate or overseas by then. While maintaining a healthier lifestyle out of lockdown and pursuing my hobbies.”
What are 3 things you’re most passionate about in life and why?
- Baking – this has always been a strong passion and one of my favourite ways to switch off. I love using home grown produce and particularly enjoy making desserts and cake decorating.
- Exploring – I love exploring outdoor hidden gems including waterfalls, going on mountain hikes and forest walks, as I find these trips a great way to engage in more exercise and I enjoy a bit of nature photography along the way.
- My network – time with friends, family and colleagues is always well spent, and I greatly value these relationships because they all help me to learn and grow.
“For those in need of some lockdown baking to cure the sweet cravings, Donna Hay’s online recipe for ‘Molten Choc Chunk Brownies’ is a winner!”