In the new reality of extensive temporary closures and multiple stand downs through our organisation, Belgravia team leaders have found some creative ways to remain connected with their teams.
Many Belgravia teams have taken on board the government mandated restrictions but have made the important distinction between social and physical distancing. During these trying and uncertain times, the support of team members is paramount and it is essential that we continue to stay connected and check in with our team members through virtual means.
Here are some of the ways that our teams are staying connected with staff who are on reduced hours or stood down:
- Scheduled tea/coffee catchups online
- Friday 4pm ‘Happy Hour’ or ‘Beerdeo Conference’ enjoying knock off drinks at the end of the week to reconnect as a team
- Scheduled dress-ups for some meetings, for example, some teams have organised ‘Formal Fridays’ as opposed to ‘Casual Fridays’
- Mental health check-ins, with leader scheduling times to check in on staff who have been stood down and offer support
- Many teams have been using Microsoft Teams to chat, send funny pictures and gifs, and provide emotional support
We hope that all employees continue to stay connected with one another and check in on each other’s well-being. We will all get through these difficult times together, and as a team, we are stronger.
Do you have a story to share about how your team is staying connected through COVID-19? Contact Brooke Lindsay (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Juliet Woodward (email@example.com) and let us know how your team is overcoming the hurdles of isolation and stand downs.