With the April long weekend approaching, it’s a great time to think about how to kick-start your long weekend and School Holidays, whether you’re celebrating Easter or participating in other exciting events!
A long weekend is always a fantastic reason to organise social gatherings, squeeze in some outdoor activity, relax with your friends or family, or take time for yourself.
We’ve put together a selection of brilliant activities to keep you entertained and active this long weekend, each involving a few of these aspects so that you can make the most of your time off.
If you’re not able to get out and about this Easter due to COVID restrictions, we have some fun options so you can still enjoy yourself over the Easter holidays.
Head out for an Aussie Adventure these Holidays
There’s so much to explore in our very own backyard that is Australia! From natural wonders, stunning white sand beaches, the red dirt outback, rugged mountains or the vibrant rainforests, there’s always a reason to hit the road and start a new adventure.
Let’s continue to support the local Australian tourism and use our Autumn adventures to visit iconic destinations in our own backyard. This season, visit Coonamble, located in central northern New South Wales, and home to the biggest rodeo and campdraft competition in Australia. It is situated close to three natural wonders, the Warrumbungle National Park, the Macquarie Marshes and the Pilliga Forest, so there is endless adventure to be had exploring.
- Click Here to read more.
Easter activities to keep the kids entertained from home
If you’re celebrating Easter this year with your children, we’re sure you’ll have already witnessed the excitement for Easter festivities, and of course, chocolate eggs.
So, if you’re looking for something to keep them occupied whilst sharing some great laughs together, you’ve come to the right place! Select a few of our favourite Easter activities for kids below:
- Colour your own Easter placemat – a fun colouring activity to keep the children settled and concentrated as they create a special placemat ready for a surprise from the Easter Bunny! Click HERE to download your template.
- Spot the difference – test your kids’ sleuthing skills as they spot the difference between these vibrant Easter scenes, or make it a competition to see who will be the first to spot them all! Click HERE to download this activity.
- Easter Egg Hunt – there’s nothing like a scavenger hunt to keep the excitement going, especially when chocolate eggs are involved. Enjoy this special take on the classic Easter egg hunt, involving some physical activity and quiz questions that are guaranteed to elicit great laughter! Click HERE to try our Easter Egg Hunt.
- Make bunny-shaped pancakes – Start your Easter fun with the most important meal of the day, breakfast!
- Hold an Easter egg hunt – First, hide eggs around your home or backyard.
- Make an adorable Easter craft – There are so many cute Easter arts and crafts to do.
- Read Easter books or camp in your backyard!
So, whether you’re planning to kick back and relax, or celebrate with festivities, we know you’re sure to have an enjoyable time getting active and involved with some of these fantastic ideas.
Enjoy the time off from your busy schedule and make the most of it with those important to you.