October is National Safe Work Month—a time to commit to building a safe and healthy workplace. At Belgravia Leisure, we’re committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our teams, members, and guests.
This year, we invite all our venues to actively participate in National Safe Work Month, where the focus is ‘for everyone’s safety, work safely’.
Embrace the ‘Think Safe, Act Safe, Be Safe’ Culture
Throughout Safe Work Month, we call on all venues to celebrate our proud Think Safe, Act Safe, Be Safe culture.
Get Your Venue Involved
We encourage you to get creative and do something at your venue during October. This could include hosting a morning tea or holding a special toolbox talk. Get your members or guests involved or even invite your contract partners along.
Here are some activity ideas:
- For everyone’s safety, work safely – Spread awareness about the importance of working safely within your venue and among your team members.
- Health and safety audits – Ensure all audits are completed by the end of October.
- Hazards – Develop a deep understanding of hazards, report them promptly, and manage them effectively.
- Emergency management planning – Take the time to review and refine your Emergency Management Plan.
- Ensure your teams are across Belgravia Leisure’s Child Safe Approach.
Belgravia Leisure’s Child Safe Approach
We are committed to maintaining a culture that does not permit or tolerate child abuse, neglect or exploitation.
Every team member is responsible for creating a culture whereby child wellbeing is promoted and prevention of harm to children and young people is prioritised. We have a Child Safety & Wellbeing Policy on B-Connected our company intranet, as well as on our public facing websites and embedded within our ActiveWorld software.
Spread the Word
To magnify our impact, display the National Safe Work Month poster on your WHS Noticeboard, staff rooms, and back office.
Additionally, share your Safe Work Month initiatives on social media and via Teams, using the hashtags #SafeWorkMonth #ThinkSafeActSafeBeSafe #BelgraviaLeisure.
The communications team is eager to showcase your initiatives! Please send your photos, stories, and workplace safety initiatives to Kristy Brown or Brooke Lindsay via Teams or email email@example.com
Safe Work Month Resources
- For more information and access to additional resources, please visit the Safe Work Australia website.
- Download National Safe Work Month 2023 Resources, including the campaign kit, SafeTea resources and activity sheets here.
Let’s make National Safe Work Month 2023 an informative month across all Belgravia Leisure venues. Let’s reinforce our commitment to safety, nurture a secure environment and remember to work safely for everyone’s safety.