What is this about?
Following the revocation of the Occupational Health and Safety Amendment (COVID-19 Vaccination Information) Regulations, employers who recorded or held COVID-19 vaccination information specifically under these regulations have 30 days to destroy that information.
What does it mean?
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our venues collected and held COVID-19 vaccination information from employees, independent contractors and their employees, volunteers, visitors, and patrons. Retention of these records within Victoria is no longer required, and records must be destroyed in a confidential and secure way.
What you need to do:
- Venues must destroy all COVID-19 vaccination information held on file within the venue.
- Ensure that documents are destroyed in a confidential and secure way.
For more information visit WorkSafe Victoria or contact a member of the Safety Team.
Need support or advice?
Contact the Safety Team members listed below for any clarification or assistance.
- Liz van Deventer, Group Health & Safety Manager
- Ettienne Verster, Safety Advisor
- Scott Vanderheyden, Leisure Aquatic Safety Manager