This month Olivia has officially been with Belgravia Leisure for ten years. It’s been over a decade since Olivia originally started with Belgravia Leisure in 2006 with a short break in 2011, “so I would technically say it’s been 16 years”, Olivia explained.
“I’ve held many roles with Belgravia Leisure from Childcare Attendant, Childcare Coordinator, Guest Experience Officer, Relationship & Events Manager, Assistant Manager, and Interim Centre Manager.
“When I commenced in my current role as Project Support Officer, which did not previously exist, almost five years ago, it was a bit unknown as to what “projects” I would be working on. Business development and transitions, greenfields, and brownfields have become a major part of my role.
“I have had the privilege of being involved in the following venues coming under Belgravia Leisure’s management, which has been extra special, as well as all the Belgravia and Council teams I have had the honour of working with. I can’t wait to see what we achieve over the coming years!”
- 2012 – WaterMarc, Greensborough – Greenfield
- 2017 – Mornington Peninsula Shire (5 venues) – Transition
- 2018 – Gurri Wanyarra Wellbeing Centre, Bendigo – Greenfield
- 2018 – Aquarena, Doncaster – Transition
- 2019 – Knox Leisureworks, Boronia – Transition
- 2019 – Swirl, Tasmania – Greenfield
- 2021 – Mill Park Leisure – Brownfield
- 2021 – Thomastown Recreation & Aquatic Centre – Transition
- 2021 – Yawa Aquatic Centre, Rosebud – Greenfield
- 2021 – Keilor East Leisure Centre – Brownfield
- 2021 – Portland Leisure & Aquatic Centre – Transition
- 2021 – 25 Seasonal Pools – Across 7 Regions – Transition
- 2022 – Danny Frawley Centre, Moorabbin – Greenfield
What are some of your magic moments working with Belgravia Leisure?
“Being involved in the opening of brand new venues across Victoria and Tasmania from the construction stage. Some people never get that opportunity to say they were part of the beginning and I have been lucky enough to do it with seven venues. As well as the transition of over eight year-round venues and 25 seasonal pools from other management companies to Belgravia Leisure.”
How have you been impacted by COVID, and what have you learnt?
“I was lucky enough to work during most lockdowns as projects behind the scenes continued even if the venues were closed; not all staff had that privilege. I have learnt that everyone’s situation and experience with COVID has been very different, and you can’t assume what anyone is going through.”
What is your favourite thing about your career?
“My role allows me to work on a variety of projects across various venues and constantly working with different staff and teams, either at head office, site level or even with our Council partners. I really enjoy the people I work with, which makes work fun.”
Where do you see yourself in the next 3-5 years?
“Continuing to be part of all future enhancement projects to improve the way we operate and supporting our venues to do their jobs effectively. Hopefully, be a part of many more transitions and new venues added to the Belgravia family!”
What are three things you’re most passionate about in life and why?
- My husband
- Family and friends
- Doing what makes me happy
What does sustainability mean to you?
“Sustainability to me means ensuring what we do now preserves our future!”