Swan Hill Leisure Centre is pleased to announce a major upgrade to the venue in 2023, creating jobs and further health and fitness opportunities for the community.
The plans will see the Leisure Centre launch a brand-new health club, as well as a redevelopment of the existing centre to make way for a Group Fitness studio and a Reformer Pilates Studio.
With construction set to commence shortly, Karla Barnes, Centre Manager said the team is excited about the project: “Once completed, these upgrades and new offerings will offer the benefit of more health and fitness opportunities to our community. In particular, the studios will allow the Swan Hill Leisure Centre to offer a group fitness program on-site for the first time in over a decade.
Karla continued, “The brand-new health club and facility redevelopments will provide the community with a one stop shop for all of their health and wellness needs, with a brand new 24 hour accessible health club fit out with the latest cardio, strength and functional training equipment, indoor 25m pool, extensive group fitness timetable and designated reformer pilates studio all under the one roof.
Reformer Pilates studio
- The Reformer Pilates studio will be home to 15 beds, with 20 classes per week being offered
- Reformer Pilates instructors will be required to deliver the classes and applications are encouraged via email to email@example.com
- Once open, class bookings can be made via the Active World app
Group Fitness Studio
- The group fitness timetable will be Les Mills based with freestyle classes also on offer, ensuring there will be something for everyone looking to improve their health and fitness
- Child friendly classes will be on offer in our new on-site group fitness studio
- Class bookings can be made via the Active World app
New Health club
- The new health club will be 350sqm, almost double the size of the existing space offering the latest in cardio and strength equipment
- The health club will operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- The addition of body composition technology and recovery equipment
- Additional programming will be offered on gym floor including the introduction of C30 and fast fitness
The existing Creche will be redeveloped to create the new Reformer Pilates studio and therefore this service will conclude in April. Swan Hill Leisure Centre will remain open during the works, which will take place from February.