As we continue to battle a health crisis, it’s more important than ever to maintain an exercise regime to improve our health, wellbeing and boost our immunity.
Our GOswim swimming lessons are back at participating Belgravia Leisure venues and we believe the pictures below say it all. It’s been fantastic to see our swim school students and our much-loved instructors return to the water.
Swimming Australia and Belgravia Leisure have partnered to develop and deliver a new and effective swimming and water safety program focusing on contemporary experiential and activity-based learning, encouraging and supporting students to explore pathways into competitive and recreational lap swimming.
Implementation of this high-quality, activity-based educational program is designed to better integrate student learning outcomes into real-world settings, offering students opportunity to:
- Gain maximum participation and practice time in activities that encourage, mentor and support the learning process where they are active for most of the lesson
- Be empowered to think, discuss and decide through experiential based learning where mentoring, guidance and challenge encourages them to use and enhance their knowledge, skill and understanding
- Learn and understand essential components of personal survival and water safety elements while concurrently in addition to development of establishing strong and effective swimming technique
- Be supported by professional, qualified teachers as they progress the through the curriculum.
Is it time for your children to learn to swim and be safe around the water? Enrol them at your local participating Belgravia Leisure venue here.
How Belgravia Leisure is working to keep us all COVID-safe at our swimming venues
You will notice some changes to our venues and our swimming lessons.
- No equipment will be used for the first 5 minutes of each class to ensure adequate cleaning from the previous class.
- Students are coming dressed ready to swim which reduces the traffic in the changerooms.
- Teachers have been retrained to use minimal contact where possible.
- All teachers have undertaken Infection Control training.
- All students and members must sign in at reception upon entry.
- Parents can attend to watch lessons but we ask you to limit the number to 1 caregiver at a time where possible.
- After lesson swimming will not be available at this time due to capacity restrictions.
- You will see staff on deck during lesson times cleaning touchpoints and equipment
- We have moved our chairs and benches following social distancing rules.
- You will notice Sanitisation stations throughout the pool deck and the centre.
- We are undertaking extra cleaning of facilities and equipment.
- You will notice a separate entry and exit points for lessons where applicable
Here’s how to be safe in and around water
Below is a video of a child learning how to safely return to the edge if they accidentally fall into a body of water.
Our swimming teachers know that the ability to swim can impact the outcome for your child. In our swimming classes, we not only teach kids how to swim but water safety skills in our mission to reduce drowning in our community.