Belgravia Leisure has joined forces with Life Saving Victoria (LSV) to create 240 new Victorian swim teachers through the provision of free accredited training.
With estimates that more than 600 new swim teachers would be required to meet growing swimming lesson demands in Victoria, LSV hopes the training will be a major boost to supply and a tool to shorten waitlists, which have become common since COVIDSafe settings were relaxed.
The unique partnership brings together LSV’s aquatic safety expertise and status as a Registered Training Organisation, Belgravia Leisure’s, YMCA’s and Aligned Leisure’s access to some of the best and safest pools in the state.
Belgravia Leisure Aquatics Manager, Sarah Podesta added that she “commends Life Saving Victoria for this initiative and effort to address the current Swim Teacher shortage the industry is experiencing.”
Want to become a swim teacher?
Looking for a fun and rewarding job? Why not become a swim teacher? Make a difference, by giving people of all ages and abilities a skill for life, that could save a life.
Becoming a swim teacher is both fun and rewarding. You don’t need to be a champion swimmer, you just need to love what you do.
Helping children and adults learn to swim is teaching them a valuable skill for life.
Benefits of being a Belgravia Leisure Swim Teacher
- Regular training and professional development
- Worldwide recognised accreditation
- Flexible work, with part-time and casual positions
- State and national industry networking and support
- Access to use your local venue’s facilities
Who can become a Swim Teacher?
We are always looking for excellent swim teachers. Anyone with the passion and patience for teaching should consider becoming a swimming teacher.
- The minimum age to complete the course is 17 years
- Candidates must hold a current HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation qualification and a current Working with Children Check (WWCC) prior to course commencement
- Candidates are to have a reasonable level of health and fitness
- You must be Australian or NZ citizen or hold an appropriate VISA allowing you to undertake education
- No previous experience is needed
What do you need to become a swim teacher?
- Swimming and Water Safety Teacher accreditation
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check
Not qualified? We can help!
The Swim Teacher Course will equip you with the skills and knowledge required to deliver swimming lessons.
We can assist you in getting qualified, finding your nearest training course and provide you with the opportunity to complete your practical training in centre with us.
Interested? We want to hear from you
Get in touch with your local Belgravia Leisure venue and our Aquatics Manager will be in touch to discuss the role and your training.
- Find a Belgravia Leisure venue near you here.
- Find a Career with Belgravia Leisure here.
- Learn more about Our People here.