The Health and Wellness industry is one of the fastest growing industries worldwide with the Global Wellness Economy estimated at over $3.7 trillion in 2015.
- The global wellness industry grew 10.6% from 2013-2015: from a $3.36 trillion to $3.72 trillion market.
- Global wellness tourism revenues grew from $494.1 billion in 2013 to $563.2 billion in 2015 – or 14%. A growth rate more than twice as fast as overall tourism expenditures (6.9%).
- World travelers made 691 million wellness trips in 2015, 104.4 million more than in 2013, whilst the global spa market grew from $94 billion in 2013 to $98.6 billion in 2015.World spa locations jumped from 105,591 in 2013 to 121,595 in 2015.
- Since 2013, the spa industry added 16,000 spas, more than 230,000 workers (to reach 2.1 million), and $3.5 billion in revenue.
- The number of global thermal/mineral springs properties grew from 26,847 in 2013 to 27,507 in 2015. These businesses earned $51 billion in 2015, up 2% (from $50 billion) from 2013.
Belgravia Leisure brings the expertise of the Hepburn Wellness Group to your spa and wellness destination.
Hepburn Wellness Group offers spa and wellness feasibility studies, operational design, consultancy and full management of spa and wellness properties. Current spa and wellness properties managed by the company include thermal springs, thalasso bathing and destination wellness retreats and spas – including boutique accommodation properties.
- Our approach includes:
- Feasibility, spa and wellness design
- Successful integration of spa and wellness into boutique accommodation
- Operational and performance reviews
- Creating efficiencies, revenue forecasts and budget preparation
- Financial performance objectives
- Brand development and management
- Destination brand marketing, promotion and advertising planning
- Recruitment and training
- Integrating cultural authenticity, nature, unique experiences and connections
- Spa product development and retail strategies
- Fostering local employment and career development opportunities
Current sites managed or under development by Belgravia Leisure include:
Hepburn Bathhouse & Spa
Hepburn Springs’ only historic Bathhouse, has been providing traditional wellness bathing since 1895.
Drawing mineral-rich waters directly from the natural source, this iconic bathhouse reconnects you with an array of mineral wellness experiences including indulgent 100% pure private mineral baths and a selection of specifically designed wellness packages.
Employing over 55 staff including full-time, permanent part-time and casual staff, this tourism wellness destination is known for its strong brand and understanding of the tourism landscape.
The site is renowned for its customer experience, bathing rituals, and understanding of its unique selling proposition in the natural mineral water of the region.
The site is managed by Karen Golden – General Manager, Destination and Wellness at Belgravia Leisure. Karen is known for her in-depth knowledge within the health and wellness industry and is an Ambassador for Global Wellness Day Australia and regularly presents at high-profile wellness summits worldwide.
The historic bathhouse dating back to 1895 represents many challenges including visitation in excess of 80,000 guests per year. Aspects of the facility are also heritage listed requiring in-depth planning and management of infrastructure as well as engagement and relationship management with key stakeholders.
Wai Ariki Hot Springs and Spa is a luxury spa and wellness centre set to open on Rotorua’s lakefront in late 2019.
Situated on the shores of Lake Rotorua, Wai Ariki Hot Springs, and Spa will deliver health and wellness experiences infused with authentic Te Arawa and Māori culture, to create a rejuvenating experience to remember and share.
With Māori culture at its heart, the development draws on the 650 year legacy of the local Maori tribe, Ngāti Whakaue’s and Rotorua’s famed spa heritage.
Its name, Wai Ariki or “chiefly waters”, is a reminder of the origin of Rotorua’s healing thermal waters, which have drawn visitors to the city for more than 130 years.
Wai Ariki’s unique features combine with therapeutic mineral waters to deliver a world-class bathing, spa and wellness facility that provides a place to relax, sustain and heal.
Developed by Pukeroa Oruawhata, in conjunction with acclaimed spa and wellness provider Belgravia Leisure, Wai Ariki will be necessary to visit and challenging to leave.
Set to open in late 2019, Wai Ariki will set a new standard in the Health and Wellness Industry with a dedicated onsite management team, supported by the Belgravia Leisure Health and Wellness division.
The site will offer an in-depth experience to its guests and has a story to share with the Te Arawa and Māori culture at the heart of the wellness and spa experience.
Onsen Retreat & Spa
Onsen Retreat and Spa is located in the serene mountain countryside of Dinner Plain just minutes from the Mt Hotham summit. The Japanese inspired Onsen is Australia’s first indoor / outdoor alpine retreat and spa delivering pure alpine bathing, massage experiences and fitness facilities.
The White Spa will enhance your mountain experience and offers treatments to help you restore and relax while up at Hotham Alpine Resort.
We offer the finest in skin care, massage, aqua therapy and aromatherapy in a refuge on the mountain that’s dedicated to your total wellbeing and relaxation.
Our massage and body treatments balance your physical, mental and emotional wellbeing, and are inspired by the beauty and nature that surrounds us. Our treatment rooms provide a haven for relaxation, beautifully designed and with an aroma of essential oils.
How can we help you today?
Contact Belgravia Leisure to find out more about business opportunities, general enquiries, career opportunities or feedback.