Are you taking part in Earth Hour on Saturday, March 27th at 8:30pm?
Every year thousands of Australians and millions of people around the world raise their voice for nature through the symbolic action of switching off their lights. Earth Hour, developed by the World Wildlife Foundation (WWF), started in 2007 and is the largest environmental movement supported by Australian businesses.
We proudly stand as part of a community that wants to make the #SwitchforNature and join the movement for a renewables-based future for Australia and the world. You can pledge your support by signing up to make the #SwitchForNature HERE.
There are many fantastic ways that you can get involved in Earth Hour 2021, in efforts to help ensure that the natural resources and ecosystems that underpin our community are protected and used sustainably.
Earth Hour is also a great chance to get your friends, family, neighbours and colleagues together to become part of a global movement.
Here are some top suggestions on how you can participate:
- Switch off your lights at home for Earth Hour to show your support for Australia to become a renewables-based economy.
- Switch to solar power – no matter whether you adopt this for your swimming pool, appliances or your whole household.
- Switch your ride – opt to take modes of transport with a lower carbon footprint.
- Make your #SwitchOff entertaining! Gather round with family or friends for a Cluedo night in the dark, prepare a candlelight dinner, or camp outside and stargaze!
- Switch to a reusable coffee cup and lunch container
- Organise a virtual online Watch Party with friends, neighbours and family, to view a nature documentary such as ‘Our Planet’, available on Netflix. Bring everyone together to
- Get active on social media and show your network how you’re getting involved. Post a photo or video of your Earth Hour participation, and use the hashtags #SwitchOff, #SwitchforNature #EarthHour to spread awareness and support for nature!
- Find out how our Centre is participating in Earth Hour by asking one of our friendly team members on your next visit!
After having experienced the harsh climate emergency in recent years, our natural environment, it’s unique biodiversity and rich resources are under immense threat, making it more important than ever to make the switch for nature and a healthier future for the country and our planet.
- Visit https://www.earthhour.org.au/ to find out more information on how you can show your support for the environment this Earth Hour!
- View more on Belgravia’s Environmental Sustainability here.